Lean Six Sigma is widely recognized as the world best approach for delivering transformation business results swiftly. It aims to create excellence for every product, process and transaction within an organisation.
This evidence-based approach aims to transform business performance by improving quality, reducing costs and enhancing employee productivity.
Lean Six Sigma is a powerful union of Lean Manufacturing with emphasis of speed, elimination of inefficiencies/wastes, agile problem solving and Sigma standard that reduces variability in processes and improves accuracy of transactions.
Companies equipped with Lean Six Sigma methodologies pursue excellence, consistency, customer responsiveness, speed and lower costs.
To do this, they embody and implement the following key principles of Lean Six Sigma.
- Focus on the customer
- Manage by fact and reduce variation
- Identify and understand how the work gets done (the value stream)
- Manage, improve and smooth the process flow
- Remove non-value-adding steps and waste
- Involve and equip the people in the process
- Undertake improvement activity in a systematic way
In the next article we will discuss the importance of reducing variation in your process as a base for improving customer satisfaction and efficiency in company operation.